Skip to content
January 14, 2016 / jeffnward

This is the January 14, 2016 edition of Left, Right and You!

No technical difficulties today!

With the Smiling Conservative back in his swift broadcasting saddle, we covered it all folks, including, but not limited to:

• The absurd yet ongoing Anna Moeller petition challenge. Beware hypocritical true believers!
  • How Wheaton College needs to review what it means to be Christian.
  • How a certainly Kane County Chairman candidate defines the word “hypocritical.” Come on the show Ken! (Or are you chicken!)
  • The St. Charles City Council comes to a potential common sensical conclusion to the old St. Charles Mall land.
  • And whether Elginites – or anyone – should be forced to shove their sidewalks.

Monday! GOP Kane County Coroner candidate Bob Tiballi joins us for the entire show! Until then…

Stuck

6 Comments

1. Joanne C / Jan 15 2016 4:34 pm

I would really be impressed if you could get Lauzen and Shepro on at the same time…let them debate if you can shut up long enough! LOL

• jeffnward / Jan 15 2016 4:47 pm

Young lady! We have moderated a number of candidate debates/forums which require moderation, but not much verbal intervention. And I would love to co-host the show you suggested, but given Mr. Shepro’s and my history, I’m sure it will never come to pass. Courage is not one of his better qualities.

2. Joanne C / Jan 16 2016 7:25 pm

Are you sure Jeff that it’s not Mr. Lauzen that would be the cowardly lion? I think it would be a fun show to listen to and I’d certainly call in with a question or two for both of the candidates.

• jeffnward / Jan 16 2016 7:37 pm

Joanne,

I have never been as sure about anything in my life. And the clearest evidence of my theory is, every time we’ve asked the Chairman to appear on the show he has been gracious enough to do so. Meanwhile, not only have I been outright begging Mr. Shepro to appear, but I’m reaching out to his important friends to no avail.

Perhaps it’s the manner in which I backed him down in the Building A boardroom after he essentially tried to assault me. There are a number of witnesses to that event.

As much as Larry and I would love to have both gentlemen to appear on the show, were I advising the Chairman, I would encourage him to avoid Mr. Shepro at all costs. Why would you ever want to give such an obscure opponent the time of day?

And sadly, if the debate were to come to pass, during Left, Right and You candidate forums, all of the questions are screened by our eminently capable producers to avoid allowing any true believers to skew the proceedings.

Jeff

3. Joanne C / Jan 17 2016 6:46 pm

Well then why don’t you pick up the phone and call both of them and get this done?

• jeffnward / Jan 18 2016 3:27 pm

Joanne,

Arrrrgghhh! Because Ken Shepro will likely not answer the phone and he’ll never agree to appear on Left, Right and You as long as I’m on it. But if you’re willing to give him a call and convince him to appear, I’ll send you his phone number via email.

Jeff