I wouldn’t believe the Edgar County Watchdogs if their tongues came notarized!
This is why I love Dave Gathman
Given this great coverage, what I’d like you to do is to first digest Dave’s story and then read the Edgar County Watchdog’s comments on this blog post because, to quote them, they couldn’t get their “facts straight” if the facts bit them squarely in the ass.
And those facts are
1. Neither Tony Sanders nor any U-46 employee engaged in any illegal credit card activity. Those charges may have been against District policy, but they certainly weren’t a crime.
2. There were no violations of the Open Meetings Act as the Kane County State’s attorney will soon opine. The only reason U-46 changed the method in which they posted school board meeting notices is because it was far easier to placate these two loons than to court more of this abject stupidity.
3. Feeding board members who come straight from work to an often lengthy meeting can in no way be considered “compensation.”
4. Despite the ECW’s protests, six – count ’em – six EPD officers show up at that now infamous board meeting and these “gentlemen” DID try to have the school board arrested. The only other possibility is that Mr. Gathman has s suddenly decided to start lying.
5. For all their effort and all of this agita, the only things these two blowhard bullies managed to “accomplish” is to change how the board meetings are posted in advance and force the U-46 board to hire an EPD officer at 68 bucks an hour. The reason U-46 took this security guard step is because the ECW loons followed the board back into a restricted area at the meeting they tried to have them arrested.
5. Despite their claim of ignorance, having attended hundreds of governmental board meetings throughout the state, the ECW knew damn well that, not only was following the board into the closed session meeting room beyond the pale, but it could’ve been cause for arrest.
6. All of their “concerns” could’ve been address in a simple email to U-46 CEO Tony Sanders, whom I guarantee would’ve responded appropriately. But that kind of reasonable activism doesn’t feed your massive ego or get you press coverage now does it?
And now these two loons want to come on Left, Right and You! Larry and I will continue to discuss that possibility as well as cover this particular topic on Thursday’s (11/5) show! Meanwhile, I wouldn’t believe anything that comes of the ECW’s mutual mouths.
P.S. Oh! And by the way, the ECW loons do not allow posts on their facebook page. Can you say “hypocrisy?” I knew you could!