And here’s the show:
Derek and I covered a lot of local ground, not the least of which is the impending Elgin smoking ban in parks. We also want to thank Bob and Pete for wading in on that fascinating topic.
Of course, Left Right and You will be taking a break next Thursday and Larry, Derek, Dave and I all wish you the happiest of Thanksgivings. We’ll see you on November 30th. Until then…
It just keeps coming dear listeners! So we’ll open your Thanksgiving week with:
- What’s with all the snow hype? Any Midwesterner worth their salt knows those were just flurries.
- Blinking yellow left turn arrows aren’t working.
- No more smoking in Elgin parks?
- Elgin ties for the Illinois’ heaviest drinking city title! That certainly explains a lot.
- The Kane County Coroner suddenly has the fear of God – or at least his primary opponent.
And we’ll take your calls too at 847-931-1410.
That’s Left, Right and You, Mondays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 3 p.m. with the Smiling Conservative, Larry Jones, and me, the Curmudgeonly Liberal, on WRMN AM1410. Prepare to be enlightened!
And we certainly covered a lot of topics with Elgin City Councilman Terry Gavin today. But why listen to me when you can listen for yourself.
Did we just hear from a kinder and gentler Terry Gavin? I’ll let you be the judge!
Monday Derek and I will be talking about blinking yellow left turn arrows that don’t work, some folk’s obsession with raking leaves, and ill-advised U-46 School Board statements. Until then!
That’s right! The Smiling Conservative and yours truly are going sit down with Councilman Gavin today to discuss all things Elgin. And there’s a lot to discuss!
We’ll ask him about the impending City budget, his thoughts Elgin’s future, his calmer city council approach, and whether he’s going to run again.
If you have a question for the councilman, please call the lovely Dave Weiser at 847-931-1410 and he’ll be happy to present your inquiry on the air.
That’s Left, Right and You, Mondays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 3 p.m. with the Smiling Conservative, Larry Jones, and me, the Curmudgeonly Liberal, on WRMN AM1410. Prepare for the truth!
In an effort to stop me from alienating the other half of the population, and taking a cue from “The Sound of Music,” that dastardly Larry Jones removed some strategic parts from my venerable pickup truck so I can’t get to Elgin this morning. And he did it late on a Saturday afternoon so the shop couldn’t get the parts till today!
But not to fear dear listener! You can still get your LR&Y fix because WRMN will re-air last Thursday’s show in our normal Monday morning spot. Rest assured, the Smiling Conservative and I will be back on the airwaves on Thursday.
And today we set the local political world straight on the following issues:
- Some women can drive SUV’s (especially Laura Swoboda)
- The Edgar County loons are not men of their word
- Kane County Coroner Russell did the right credit card thing (finally)
- Some interesting Kane County Republican primary challenges are shaping up
- Could there be a thaw in the Springfield budget battle?
- And it’s Larry’s fault that I say silly things on Mondays
It may be blustery outside, but you’ll get none of that on today’s eminently entertaining episode of Left, Right and You! In that very regard Larry and I will discuss issues like:
- The Edgar County loons lost a bet with me, but now they won’t pay up.
- How I might’ve been a bit hasty about women and SUVs.
- The Kane County Coroner issues a statement on his errant credit card use. Of course, I’m not suspicious at all that this penitence came the day after his primary opponent announced.
- The Kane County Board votes down a tax increase, but it would’ve passed if it weren’t for the Democrats!
- Some strange – and not so strange – Kane County Republican primaries are shaping up.
- Could some recent compromise Springfield offers mean the end of our state budget battle? This time it’s the Democrats who might have to give a little bit.
All this and more on Left, Right and You, Mondays at 9 a.m. and Thursdays at 3 p.m. with the Smiling Conservative, Larry Jones, and me, the Curmudgeonly Liberal, on WRMN AM1410. Prepare to be enlightened!