We went a little astray today what with national politics and all – particularly the presidential candidate of both parties – but as long as no one tells Larry, I’ll be OK!
And, by the way, I’d like to thank Producer Dave Weiser for filling for Larry and man-about-Elgin J. Koko for providing insights from the Bernie Sanders rally in Madison, Wisconsin. I also want to thank Pete for calling in with one of his typically cogent comments.
I may have also predicted the outcome of the 2016 scramble for the White House, but you’ll have to listen to the show for that.
With the Smiling Conservative out till Thursday, Producer Dave Weiser and I are going to violate that LR&Y prime directive by going national! That’s right! We’re gonna talk about the crowded Republican presidential field and how car driver Donald Trump has already dashed any GOP White House hopes.
That’s Left, Right and You, Mondays from 9 to 10 a.m. and Thursdays from 3 to 4 p.m. with the Smiling Conservative, Larry Jones, and me, the Surly Liberal, on WRMN AM1410. Trust me – it doesn’t get any better than this folks!
First, please let me thank County Board member Kurt Kojzarek for so graciously filling in for Larry today. We always enjoy having Kurt on the show. As promised, we discussed the latest U46 school board meeting, the probable demise of the Longmeadow Loons and the appellate court throwing out five of the counts against Rod Blagojevich.
And there’s much more local news to discuss so we’ll see you on Monday. Until then…
County Board member Kurt Kojzarek fills in for the Smiling Conservative today as we discuss:
- The fallout from Monday’s U46 School Board meeting. It would certainly seem that the conservative faction has already rendered themselves completely ineffective.
- The Longmeadow Loons are backing down! As I like to say, politics ain’t for sissies.
- The appeals court just dismissed the five most critical criminal counts. Does that mean former Governor Blagojevich will be coming home sooner?
- Time permitting, the scoop on the Kane County Sheriff and Coroner from a board member’s perspective!
That’s Left, Right and You, Mondays from 9 to 10 a.m. and Thursdays from 3 to 4 p.m. with the Smiling Conservative, Larry Jones, and me, the Surly Liberal, on WRMN AM1410. Prepare to be informed!
Holy crap! With the Smiling Conservative hyped up on copious doses of caffeine, we actually accomplished quite a bit today! Please consider the U-46 curriculum issue, the Elgin Tourism Bureau issue and the Longmeadow Loon issue completely closed. But why listen to me when you can listen to the show for yourself!
The local news just keeps comin’ folks so why not tune to Left, Right and You, the only place that provides the kind of political insights that don’t insult your intelligence! On Monday’s show, with the Smiling Conservative squarely in his seat, we will discuss:
- How the Tea Partiers plan to attend Monday’s U-46 School Board meeting. I’m sure that will work out well because it always does.
- How the Elgin Tourism Bureau is under fire for their budgetary choices. But how do you measure something that doesn’t create an equal and opposite reaction?
- How the Longmeadow Loons may well be hoist by their own petard. Haven’t they heard the one about biting the hand that feeds you?
And for those of you who don’t get enough Jeff Ward (and who does?), I will be co-hosting Your Turn at 8:20 a.m. with the lovely Derrick Cooley. As long as you an afford it, call in and give us a piece of your mind (847-931-1410).
That’s Left, Right and You, Mondays from 9 to 10 a.m. and Thursdays from 3 to 4 p.m. with the Smiling Conservative, Larry Jones, and me, the Surly Liberal, on WRMN AM1410. It doesn’t get better than this folks!